- Must be a Communication Major or Minor.
- Must have a minimum Departmental grade point average of 2.0.
- Must work at least 60 hours to receive 1.5 hours of credit and at least 120 hours to receive three hours of credit.
- May not count any more than three hours of internship credit toward the major and no more than six hours of internship credit toward graduation.
- Must complete a final project, arranged with a faculty supervisor, to receive credit.
Additional Requirement for Domestic Internships:
- Must receive approval of your application by the Department’s Director of Internships before beginning the internship.
Procedures for Domestic Internships:
- Download a copy of the application form and requirements list from the Departmental web site.
- Find an organization to intern with and get the signature of the appropriate person in that organization.
- Fill out the application form.
- Get a faculty internship supervisor and obtain that person’s signature on the application form.
- Turn in the completed application form to Dr. Michael Hazen, Departmental Director of Internships.
- If everything is satisfactory on the form, an e-mail will be sent from the Director of Internships authorizing course registration.
- If anything is not satisfactory, an e-mail will be sent from the Director of Internships indicating the problem(s).
- Allow at least one week for a response to the application.
- After receiving authorization, registration for COM 280 will be entered by the department.
Procedures for International Internships
- Complete appropriate forms and coordinate with the Department’s partner in International Studies or other departments.
- Secure a faculty advisor in the Department of Communication.